Saturday, May 22, 2010

Dainty and Delicate Flower Pattern

A customer of mine wanted several delicate flowers with eight petals crocheted out of cotton thread. And this is what I came up with! I decided to share the pattern with my fellow crocheters.


Use these flowers to embellish hats, bags... anything! Or use them on their own to make brooches, necklaces, headbands, etc.

Dainty and Delicate Flowers


 

Materials:
Crochet Cotton Thread, size 3
Crochet hook appropriate to your thread

Create a magic loop or ch. 3 and join to form a ring

Rnd 1: Ch. 1, 8 sc in loop/ring, join with a sl st to 1st sc (8 stitches total)

Rnd 2: Ch. 2 (counts as a dc), 1 dc in 1st sc. 2 dc in each sc around, join to top of ch.2 with a sl st (16 dc total)

Rnd 3: *Ch 2, skip 1 dc, sc in next dc* around, end with a sl st in the base of the first ch. 2

Rnd 4: (no chain here!) In first ch. 2 loop work *(1 sc, 1 hdc, 2 dc, 1 hdc, 1 sc), sl st in next sc* around

Tie off and block!

To make a smaller flower create Rnd 2 as follows:

Rnd 2: Ch. 2 (counts as a hdc), 1 hdc in 1st sc. 2 hdc in each sc around, join to top of ch.2 with a sl st (16 hdc total)

Or for an even smaller flower

Rnd 2: Ch. 1 (counts as a sc), 1 sc in 1st sc. 2 sc in each sc around, join to top of ch.1 with a sl st (16 sc total)

Copyright info: Please feel free to use this pattern for personal use only. If you'd like to sell these flowers please ask me first. Thank you for respecting my request! 



4 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you. Can't believe the timing. I'm knitting a hat for my sister and wanted some kind of flower to finish off the brim, turned to ravelry and there was your pattern on the front page. Awesome. Than you so much for sharing. Sending a little prayer your way - what goes around comes around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome! I just want to let you know that a tester found an error in the pattern. I've edited the blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this wonderful and easy pattern. I consider myself a beginner and haven't moved past making just scarves until now. This is the first pattern I've tried and although my results aren't exactly like yours, I'm pleased as each flower in my growing garden gets better and better. And I'm having so much fun! Thanks a million! :>

    ReplyDelete