Monday, April 19, 2010

Scarlett O'Hara Bag Is Finished!

Whoot! I finished my bag for the April Project Yarnway challenge. As I blogged about earlier, I chose to make a dress to match Scarlett O'Hara's dress from "Gone With The Wind."

I used Lamb's Pride worsted weight wool yarn in green and gold. It is all hand crocheted by yours truly. ;)

I made it just large enough to hold anything that Scarlett might have need to carry, but left it small enough that Scarlett could have made it in one or two evenings.

The base of the bag is a square, and the main body of the bag is worked in a spiral with strategically placed decreases. The top portion of the bag has a row of dc and ch. stitches to allow the drawstring to slid through. The very, very top of the bag has shell stitches that are capped with glass beads in gold and amber colors. The appearance of the top portion looks a bit like a flower when it is closed. I love that! The drawstring is a crocheted chain using bulky weight Lamb's Pride wool and a small hook. I did that so the stitches would have great definition.

Closer to time, I'll submit it on the Runway thread of Project Yarnway. I would kind of hate to be the first contestant in the thread though...

Pictures for you!

(I think I need to take a photo of it on white instead of black)

No comments:

Post a Comment