Monday, March 8, 2010

Project Runway Update: March

Alrighty. This week has been totally hectic, hence the lack of updates. I'm sorry about that!

But I'm here now, so that is what counts. Right?

So far, I've gotten a really rough sketch drawn up. The whole project is tentative at this point. I'm wanting to make a flower basket. It will be a crocheted basket with a plastic cup for holding water. The flowers will sit down in the cup, which will be hidden by the basket.

Warning: There is a reason I don't draw. LOL!

 


 So that is a rough draft of the design.

The real clincher is that I'm using "paper" yarn. I'm spinning it myself on my makeshift spindle (which is a knitting needle taped to a weaving hook):


 


All I have done so far is the base:




The paper yarn is horrendous to work with. It breaks like crazy. I imagine that I've woven at least 20 ends in so far. So I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep this project up to the end. I'm keeping my eye out for other materials to use.

1 comment:

  1. I have just found your blog...and love this project you have started with your flower bag for a plastic cup inside..and wonder if a plastic string...type of material would do..or even jute these have very interesting results..good luck and I will be coming back :) thanks for sharing your ideas

    ReplyDelete